Eve fell along with Adam at the beginning of the human race. She gave into lies, was deceived, used and came out with the short straw. My goal is to embody the unblemished natural beauty known as womanhood and to strive to live with the purity Eve did prior to the fall of man. To create a new generation of Eves - Eve: Remodeled!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

What are you waiting for?

So I am a sixteen year old girl. Great intro, right? Allow me to explain further... I'm not your average teenager. I have a passion, a desire, a love for Jesus Christ! Today I was reading Miss Emma Grace's blog and thought to myself, "Wow. Her faith is extraordinary. I wish I could document my growth." I indirectly put myself down.
Within mere moments, God responded to my negative thinking with a song. A local radio station was playing in the background of my preoccupied life... and I heard, "What are you waiting for?" What a great question!

What am I waiting for? Am I waiting for myself? Am I waiting for God? Am I waiting for others to be ready? Several times I've told myself, "Just wait until you're a little older." How much more time will pass before I REALLY start to make a difference. With prompting of an amazing song called "Walk on the Water" sung by Britt Nicole, I started building this little blog site... and thinking about what I wanted to say... I feel impressed  upon by the Holy Spirit to share some of the lyrics of this song, as they relate heavily to the purpose of this website. 

The beginning speaks of doubts including: "Will it pull you under? What if I'm overtaken? What if I never make it? What if no one's there? Will You hear my prayer?" I think many times when people step out in faith, especially women, anxiety, doubt, fear and many other negative feelings swallow us up. We feel as if we cannot accomplish what we feel we must do. How many times has doubt kept you from doing something? Trivial or enormous, each missed opportunity may have cost us (or worse - someone else) the spiritual experience of a lifetime. Doubt is not of God. Jesus himself questions Peter regarding his lack of faith, "You of little faith, why did you doubt?"

As the song progresses, it speaks of going past the doubt and taking the first step. The first steps in acting on faith are, oftentimes, the most difficult. The song says, "You know that He won't let you go." We know this. Jesus is with us always and never leaves us, but how easy is it to recite this well-known truth versus believing it and acting with faith in it? Just something to think about. How real is faith? Words? Thoughts? Belief in Truth? Action? Trusting action? Where do you rank in when considering a hefty decision?

The chorus goes on to discuss what you WILL lose by stepping out in faith. Among the things listed are insecurity, fear, apathy... Insecurities hold you back. Fear holds you back. Apathy keeps you from moving at all. What things to lose! So stepping out in faith = losing the things that keep my faith life sitting at a standstill? 

I know what you're thinking... I can say it. I can even believe it... but act? What insures that I won't get hurt? Do you wanna know what? Nothing does... except YOUR faith in HIS faithfulness. Ponder this: ""You know you were made for more." & "YOUR faith is all it takes." This is what I am doing today... stepping out in faith... writing this regardless of my shameful apathy or fear of failing/embarrassment. I encourage you to do the same.

Lastly, the author of the song isn't naive enough to skip over the obvious fact that OPPOSITION will exist. Your own heart may even tell you no! This is a desperate state of spiritual warfare. The enemy is looking for a weakness, pulling out all the "stops." Forgive me for the pun (;  The enemy is hoping, wishing, desiring your FAILURE. 

"Lean not unto thy own understanding." Lean on God. 

"You know that He won't let you go."

Don't let me go Jesus - I'm stepping out in faith.



No comments:

Post a Comment